Job Opportunity in Lebanon
Title: Faculty Position in Physics
Academic Title: Assistant Professor (tenure-track)
The American University of Beirut (AUB) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Physics (Faculty of Arts and Sciences) at the rank of Assistant Professor starting August 15, 2019.
The position requires a Ph.D. in Physics as well as post-doctoral experience of at least two years.
The selected candidate should be able to develop a vibrant research program which would ideally complement the Department’s existing research directions in material science and thin films, plasma physics, nanoscale physics, soft and active matter, high energy physics and astrophysics.
The Department of Physics (https://www.aub.edu.lb/fas/physics/Pages/index.aspx) has a long and established tradition of excellence in teaching and research within AUB’s own 150-year+ history as the leading institution of higher learning in the Arab world.
Experimental directions in the department are supported by modern laboratories, together with the Kamal A. Shair Central Research Science Laboratory ( https://www.aub.edu.lb/fas/crsl/Pages/index.aspx).
Electronic submissions should be sent to email@example.com and should include the following:
- Cover letter
- Detailed updated curriculum vitae.
- Research statement that includes a research plan.
- Samples of published work, including clear indications of the candidate’s contribution to any jointly authored pieces;
- Teaching portfolio that includes a teaching philosophy and syllabi of taught courses.
- Three current letters of reference to be forwarded directly by the referees to the FAS Dean’s office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All application materials should be received by January 15, 2019, at the latest.