Job Opportunity in Lebanon
Part-Time Development Writer
The Development Office has a vacancy for a Development Writer reporting to the Development Communications Manager. The position is based on Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos Campus.
The Development Writer supports the integrated communication plan of action for the Development Office that covers both internal and external communications of LAU’s fundraising campaigns, as well as advancement and development projects and initiatives.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Produces thank you letters to donors on a daily basis, and within 48 hours of the receipt of the donation to ensure timely communication to university benefactors
- Suggests new thank you letter templates annually and when needed (ex: sponsorship, first-time donor, trip, outreach, naming facilities, and gift-in-kind thank you letters)
- Supports the department’s news article, promotional, marketing, and brochure writing
- Provides support on the department’s initiatives including the annual Contributors Report, annual fundraising gala dinner, annual fund programming, or any other project as requested by the Development Communications Manager
- Supports the department’s digital and social media projects from a creative point of view, as well as editorially
- Coordinates with, and provides regular progress updates to, the Development Communications Manager including weekly task updates, monthly reports of achievements, as well as one-to-one meetings when needed to discuss status of deliverables, problems faced, and identify future areas of interest to the department’s communication efforts
- Assists in website maintenance, including but not limited to content and photos
- Updates the department’s archive of donor news, photos, and research profiles
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication, journalist, or relevant discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in English-language communications, in the areas of public relations, advertising, journalism or a relevant area
- Demonstrated experience in writing quality English-language content
- Ability to manage multiple projects that meet deadlines
- Broad exposure and experience in communication is ideal, including social media, digital communication, SEO, content management systems, capturing photos and videos, video editing, web design and user experience, and graphic design
- Experience using Adobe suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, and related programs is a major plus
- Experience within academic institutions and/or fundraising is a plus
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line, along with three relevant writing samples:
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, November 27, 2018.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do not hesitate to follow our website and Christiane Mouawad on Linkedin for more information