Reference # CP-506-2018
Company Name World Health Organization
Industry Health/ Government
Vacancy Media and Communications Consultant
Job Type (FT, PT, Contractual, Seasonal)* Full Time
Major Media and communication, public relations, graphic design, computer graphic and animation, journalism or any other related field.
Years of Experience Minimum of 2 years of experience.
Education We mainly desire Master’s degree graduates; however applicants with a Bachelor’s degree
are eligible to apply provided that they demonstrate higher levels of experience.
Location Beirut, Lebanon
Tasks & Responsibilities:
The Lebanese health sector has shown remarkable resilience and progress, despite an
adverse geo-political context.
To a large extent this has been made possible by the performance of the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) as the steward of the health sector.
It has developed an original and homegrown collaborative governance style that mobilizes two essential assets: strategic intelligence and social consensus.
Whilst the MoPH capacities have grown considerably, current ad hoc arrangements need to morph into institutionalized capacity for producing strategic intelligence and preparation of collaborative decision and implementation processes.
This can be done by equipping the MoPH with a Health Policy Support Observatory (HPSO).
The Observatory will take full advantage of the various data sources that are being developed
by the MoPH and of its relations of collaboration with academia.
The HPSO is a partnership between the MoPH, the World Health Organization, and the American University of Beirut which was officially launched on 16, April 2018, and is hosted within the MoPH.
One of the main functions of the Policy Support Observatory is to increase the visibility of the health
achievements and technical work being done by the MoPH.
The overall role of the Media and Communications Consultant is to support and promote the communication capacity of the Ministry of Health through the Policy Support Observatory in order to enhance its visibility towards the internal and external collaborators and towards the general public.
– Draft a communications plan for the Health Policy Support Observatory (HPSO) that consolidates existent communications processes at the Ministry into one coherent plan that improves the visibility of the MoPH.
– Outline a step-wise process for communications coverage of HPSO activities and events.
– Oversee the implementation of the agreed upon work plan.
– Liaise with the different HPSO collaborators and counterparts.
– Produce timely and quality production of HPSO information and communication materials.
– Develop short documents and media materials like talking points, press releases, events summaries, posters, infographics and video stories that support in promoting and publicizing the Ministry’s work in Arabic and English languages.
– Creative update of project information and key messages on different media and communications outlets, both traditional and web-based media (TV, Radio, printed, Website, Facebook, YouTube, Application, Instagram, Twitter and others)
– Strengthen the online presence of the MoPH and HPSO.
– Support and expand MoPH social media platforms and keep an up to date postings on
hot health topics being discussed nationally and internationally related to the HPSO work.
– Oversee social-media analytics
– Liaise with the different internal and external media counterparts for HPSO activities coverage, ensuring that any communication output is in line with the HPSO objectives.
– Assist in designing and editing of the different document outputs that will result from the HPSO.
– Regular communication with the Associate HPSO Coordinator to agree on the final communications plan draft and its implementation.
Qualifications and Skills:
General ability to draft ideas and concepts, clearly and concisely in written and oral form;
Skills in writing short documents like event summaries and press releases for traditional and electronic media; Strong social media skills;
Designing, photo and video making skills;
Ability to work with web design technologies and desktop publishing (Adobe Indesign, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office. Coding and Basic HTML are a plus)
Demonstrate creativity, and proactivity;
Having background knowledge or experience in a health-related field is of a highly added value;
Strong sense of responsibility, reliability and work integrity.
Interested Candidates can send their CV to email@example.com
Do not hesitate to follow our website and Christiane Mouawad on Linkedin for more information
Kindly like and share our social platform
and stay updated with our daily news & monthly offers!
Facebook | instagram | pinterest | Twitter | linkedin | Behance | Offers
click here to get a 20% on Designduedate Certified international driving license