Job Opportunity in Lebanon
UNICEF Lebanon is looking for an individual to take on the role of Health and Nutrition Officer (roving) to support UNICEF Lebanon field areas for programme/project design, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and administration of programme/project activities, including data analysis, progress reporting, knowledge networking and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with Health & Nutrition programme goals and strategy.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children.
To save their lives.
To defend their rights.
To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a Champion Health & Nutrition Officer provides roving professional technical assistance and support to UNICEF Lebanon field areas for programme/project design, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and administration of programme/project activities, including data analysis, progress reporting, knowledge networking and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with Health & Nutrition programme goals and strategy.
How can you make a difference?
• Accurate information, data analysis, and documentation are timely made available to contribute to situation analysis, sectoral input and reporting.
• Assists the preparation and periodic update of the Situation Analysis by compiling Health & Nutrition data, analysing and evaluating relevant information and providing the technical input in a timely and accurate manner.
• Drafts chapters, prepares statistical data reports, and assists with preparation of sectoral input to the programme documents as required.
• Contributes to the consultation and coordination with key partners at all levels.
• Technical assistance are provided in the implementation of integrated Health & Nutrition approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partners.
• Provides technical assistance in the integration of the Health & Nutrition programme with other sectors in collaboration with other UNICEF sectors, particularly Health, Nutrition, CSD, HIV/AIDS. WASH, and programme communication.
• Contributes to build on intersectoral experience and establish partnerships to promote innovative approaches to address immediate and underlying determinants of maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and nutrition, recognizing that health and nutrition outcomes are not the results of action in the health and nutrition sectors alone.
• Assists in the design, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the Health & Nutrition programme to be implemented in the locality.
• Supports in close collaboration with the Child survival and programme officer in zonal offices, the improvement of programme delivery with emphasis on sustainability of intervention and community participation based on Human Rights framework and cross sector approach to programming and Community Capacity Development.
• Supports cohesion and exchange of good practices and lessons learned between zonal offices for more efficiency in the progamme implementation.
• Work plan and objectives are effectively implemented and planned results are timely delivered through technical support and coordination.
• Assists in the development of the sectoral work plan and technical decisions as well as for administration, implementation and monitoring of sectoral project activities
• Analyses data and information, and drafts progress reports; drafts changes in project work plans, as required.
• Monitors to ensure objectives and targets are timely met and achieved, through effective coordination and collaboration, by participating in a teamwork of professional and support staff.
• Support maintenance of info system for monitoring gender, sex and disability disaggregated data.
• Assists in the planning and organizing training/development activities to upgrade the capacity of the Country Office staff as well as government and NGOs in the programme development, implementation and management of Health & Nutrition programme.
• Assists in Identifying training needs and conducts relevant orientation, workshop, training and learning/development activities for the staff as well as for government personnel and beneficiaries, in collaboration with knowledge institutions.
• Project efficiency and effectiveness are enhanced through effective implementation follow-up.
• Provides timely implementation follow-up, including monitoring UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply and non-supply assistance, and project status to build on project efficiency and effectiveness.
• Assists in identification and selection of Health & Nutrition supplies and equipment.
• Follows up on delivery of cash assistance and liquidation of advances and proper planning, delivery and use of supply component of the project.
• Ensures that activities are in accordance with plans of action. Records information on utilization of resources and distribution of supplies.
• Works closely with WASH roving officer to ensure cohesion and balance in technical support to the various zonal offices, in the implementation of WASH and Health and nutrition programme, and look for synergistic actions or innovations to be scaled up more larger results for children
• Project implementation progress is monitored for adjustment and improvement of program delivery and sustainability. Gender sex and disability aggregated data and inputs provided relevant to the Health & Nutrition programme
• Participates in the field visits to UNICEF project sites for monitoring project activities and local conditions, and follows up with local government counterparts and other partners on project implementation.
• Assists in identifying necessary action for programme adjustments, acceleration, improvement and sustainability.
• Assists government counterparts and other partners in the planning and management of Health and Nutrition Programme.
• Reports to supervisor and/or Head of Office the outcome of programme monitoring and review meetings with Government counterparts and all other relevant partners.
• Drafts changes in programme work plans as required.
• Transparency is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for Health & Nutrition
• Coordinating with Operations and Supply staff on supply and non-supply assistance activities, ensures UNICEF and Government partner and all implementing partners accountability.
• Liaises with local authorities to ensure timely submission of financial requests and reports.
• Monitors disbursements of funds, ensuring those activities are within established plans of action and programme budget allotments; and to orientate and train Government and UNICEF implementing partners in UNICEF supply and non-supply policies and procedures.
• Drafts financial status reports for management as required.
• Effective partnership and working relationships are maintained for advocacy, technical coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking
• Exchanges information and knowledge with other programmes to contribute to achievement of overall country programme objectives.
• Assists in establishing effective monitoring, knowledge database/network and reporting systems to ensure the availability of current and accurate programme information/data, and contributes to the development of communication materials and strategies to support advocacy and community participation for Health & Nutrition; and to widen partnership with all stakeholder at national, regional, district, community and household levels as well as with funding partners including the private sector in order to accelerate achievement of Health and Nutrition related MDGs goals.
• Keeps close contacts with external counterparts, including those of the UN and national partners, in order to improve the ability to collect and disseminate relevant data, exchange information on programme/project development and implementation. Shares knowledge, information, experience and lessons learned.
• Up-to-date programme information is kept available and reports prepared to support the Health & Nutrition programme by the effective implementation of integrated monitoring system
• In consultation with monitoring and evaluation colleagues, conducts accurate and timely monitoring and quality data collection, with gender sex and disability disaggregation and supports an integrated monitoring system, in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.
• Assists with partners to ensure that monitoring systems are properly designed, and that data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardised across programmes to feed into to programme performance monitoring.
• Analyses monitoring data, and provides feed-forward or recommends adjustment as appropriate to ensure achievement of programme objectives.
• Assists in the timely preparation of annual sector status reports in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures
• Assists in the drafting and preparation of programme reports for management, Board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, and annual reports, as required.
• Emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses are effectively provided Assists in the implementation of emergency preparedness plan relating to Health & Nutrition. In case of emergency, assists in monitoring and assessing the nature and extent of the emergency in the assigned area. Provides assistance to the Country Office as required. In line with the Core Commitments for Children (CCCs) in Humanitarian Action, strengthens partnerships with the Health and Nutrition humanitarian actors s within the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC).
• Other assigned duties and responsibilities are effectively accomplished Performs any other duties and responsibilities assigned as appropriate to the purpose of this post, and delivers the results as required. To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• University degree in Public Health and Nutrition, Child Development, Water Sanitation, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
• Two years of professional work experience in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of health and nutrition programmes.
• Professional work experience in a programme management function or a technical expert capacity in child survival & health care and prevention.
• Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
French is an asset For every Child, you demonstrate… UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. The competencies required for this post are…. View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles
Interested Candidates can send their CV to:
Do not hesitate to follow our website and Christiane Mouawad on Linkedin for more information
Kindly like and share our social platform
and stay updated with our daily news & monthly offers!
Facebook | instagram | pinterest | Twitter | linkedin | Behance | Offers
click here to get a 20% on Designduedate Certified international driving license
Job Opportunity in Lebanon