Job Opportunity in Lebanon
Advancing Alternative Migration Governance (ADMIGOV):
A Horizon2020 Project | H2020-SC6-MIGRATION-2018
Job Opening: Research Assistant
We invite candidates to apply for a job opening for the position of Research Assistant at the Faculty
of Agricultural and Food Sciences, Department of Landscape Design and Ecosystem Management,
for the period of March 2019 to March 2021, with the possibility of extension.
• A PHD (preferred) or MS degree from a recognized university, preferably in fields related to
health sciences, landscape architecture, sociology, anthropology or similar fields.
• Experience as a Research Assistant, with knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analysis
• Experience working with displaced and refugees is highly preferred
• Working proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Knowledge of Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing (CAPI) software
• Knowledge of qualitative analysis software Nvivo
• Knowledge of quantitative analysis using regression analysis in Stata
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• be required to travel to and undertake fieldwork in the Bekaa Valley and Saida as well as
other locations in Lebanon
• work with the project team and members of the displaced and refugee community;
• conduct surveys (no. 300) and in-depth interviews (no. 30) with refugees in Lebanon;
• collect and document interviews using CAPI software;
• transcribe and translate interview data (Arabic to English language and vis-versa);
• work on/lead data analysis and coding using both qualitative and quantitative methods;
• attend workshops;
• maintain and provide adequate financial and time records for the work, as agreed with the
PI and Co-PI of the project;
• report to and work under the direction of the PI and Co-PI of the project, to an agreed work
• Undertake other project tasks as reasonably requested by the PI.
All applicants should send their CV and a letter of intent (no more than 500 words) by the
15th of January 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Shortlisted participants may be asked for an in-person interview.
Selected participant will be expected to begin as of March, 2019.
For more information about the project, please contact us at the above mentioned emails.
Do not hesitate to follow our website and Christiane Mouawad on Linkedin for more information
Kindly like and share our social platform
and stay updated with our daily news & monthly offers!
Facebook | instagram | pinterest | Twitter | linkedin | Behance | Offers
click here to get a 20% on Designduedate Certified international driving license
Job Opportunity in Lebanon