Job Opportunity in Lebanon
Part-time / Full-time Research Assistant Position in Mechanical Engineering Department
We are seeking Research Assistants to work in the general areas of (1) uncertainty quantification and Bayesian inverse problems, and (2) multiscale modeling of complex systems. Applications will include fossil fuel combustion and reactive nano-materials. It is expected that the tools developed and implemented for these applications to be transferrable to multiple other domains (such as climate forecasting, design of alternative fuels, subsurface flows, and cosmology to name a few).
The appointee(s) will conduct research work in close collaboration with researchers at NYU-Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, and the Johns Hopkins University, along with professors from the Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, and Physics departments at AUB. Collaboration with researchers from CNRS-Lebanon and KAUST is also possible.
Duration: 6 months.
Desirable Start Date: January 15, 2019.
Salary: Commensurate with the highest degree earned and AUB’s salary range for research assistants with that degree.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in Engineering, Physics, or Chemistry.
- Prior experience with coding in at least one of the following languages: Fortran, C, C++.
- Very knowledgeable in Matlab and/or Python.
- Good grasp of and ability to handle advanced mathematical and physical concepts.
- Good analytical, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Knowledgeable in at least one of these areas: probability theory, statistics, big data, machine learning, random sampling, stochastic models, optimization, molecular dynamics simulations, mutliscale modeling, nonlinear dynamics.
- Prior experience in running jobs on HPC clusters.
- Model development, algorithm development, code development.
- data analysis and visualization.
- Writing scientific papers and reports, presenting at meetings / conferences.
Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to send (1) a cover letter and (2) a detailed CV (in a single PDF file) by email to Dr. Leen Alawieh at email@example.com.Please also indicate in the email whether you are interested in a full-time or a part-time RA position.
For general questions or further details about the position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not hesitate to follow our website and Christiane Mouawad on Linkedin for more information
Kindly like and share our social platform
and stay updated with our daily news & monthly offers!
Facebook | instagram | pinterest | Twitter | linkedin | Behance | Offers
click here to get a 20% on Designduedate Certified international driving license