Job Opportunity in Lebanon
METAC International Monetary Fund is recruiting:
Local Security Coordinator
The LSC is the primary coordinator and advisor for all operational security and safety matters in the country.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Senior Security Officer Operational Support and the METAC Coordinator, the Local Security Coordinator assists in the implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for Fund personnel in the country or in the region of assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and maintain a network of contacts with host government security officials and other security contacts, including the UN Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS), other UN agencies, diplomatic missions, and non-governmental organizations. Participate in UN Security Cell meetings;
2. Remain abreast of security developments and provide timely updates to IMF staff in the Beirut office and at headquarters (HQ). Assist the HQ-based Regional Security Advisors (RSA) in collection, collation, verification, and analysis of information on security developments;
3. Establish a close working relationship with the World Bank Security Specialist, who is co-located in the same office building, and coordinate on all matters related to the physical security of the building;
4. Act as logistics coordinator for all Fund missions. Liaise with the Central Bank, Ministry of Finance, and other government agencies as needed to arrange protocol support for Fund missions;
5. Provide security briefings to newly assigned staff members and mission travelers;
6. Apply the UN’s Security Risk Management approach to all Fund business operations. Routinely review physical security measures at Fund offices and residences and ensure compliance with the SRM approach and Fund security standards;
7. Review security arrangements at the hotels and government offices where Fund business is routinely carried out such as the Central Bank and Ministry of Finance;
8. Act as a first responder to security incidents, perform timely accounting for staff, serve as coordinator during relocation/evacuation, medical emergency, and other emergencies involving the safety and security of Fund staff, offices and assets. Organize and oversee emergency and evacuation drills;
9. Oversee timely reporting of security incidents affecting Fund staff, offices and assets, and prepare incident reports. Provide weekly security reports and conduct assessments when requested;
10. In coordination with UNDSS, establish and maintain a warden system;
11. Update and maintain information in the Compliance Data Base as it is related to Fund offices, residences, and other security requirements;
12. Provide administrative assistance on security matters to the METAC Coordinator:
a. Maintain routine and confidential correspondence files and documents;
b. Maintain a database on contact details of host nation country security authorities;
c. Assist in updating the IMF Country Emergency Action Plan;
d. Arrange meetings and appointments with security counterparts, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion; take minutes and/or notes at meetings as required.
13. May deploy at short notice to support Fund activities in neighboring countries;
14. Performs any other security related duties as may be determined by the Senior Security Officer Operational Support and the METAC Coordinator.
Qualification, Experience and Competencies
A university degree in social sciences, security management, or other relevant discipline;
A diploma obtained from military/police academy and commensurate work experience in military, police or other security force may be accepted in lieu of a university degree.
At least five years security experience in the UN security system, military/police, law enforcement, or related field of work.
Fluency in Arabic as well as full working proficiency in spoken and written English.
Planning and Organizing:
Demonstrate ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate and monitor his/her own work plan with minimum supervision. Possess the ability to work under high stress in crisis situations.
Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment like the Fund. Respect diversity in the workplace.
Proven effective verbal and written communication skills.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
• Knowledge of HF and VHF radio operations strongly preferred;
• Knowledge of host country security services and good local security network strongly preferred;
• Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) strongly preferred;
• Experience in diplomatic security, UN Security, protection and intelligence considered an asset;
• Must be physically fit, and possess a valid driver’s license, executive protection driving experience preferred.
Interested applicants to apply no later than January 31, 2019
Do not hesitate to follow our website and Christiane Mouawad on Linkedin for more information
Kindly like and share our social platform
and stay updated with our daily news & monthly offers!
Facebook | instagram | pinterest | Twitter | linkedin | Behance | Offers
click here to get a 20% on Designduedate Certified international driving license