Job Opportunity in Lebanon
Clinical Assistant Professor (Non-Tenure Track)
The Department of Pharmacy Practice in the School of Pharmacy at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants for a non-tenure track faculty position in critical care at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor. The primary emphasis of this position is to provide interprofessional care to patients in the intensive care units and stroke center, and precept pharmacy students at the LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital (LAUMC-RH). Also expected are didactic teaching, clinical research, and service. The position is fully-funded by the LAU School of Pharmacy.
Start Date: Summer/Fall 2019
- Provide interprofessional collaborative patient care practice in the intensive care units (medical, surgical, neurology) at LAUMC-RH
- Develop interprofessional collaborative patient care practice in the comprehensive stroke center at LAUMC-RH
- Precept pharmacy students assigned to practice site at LAUMC-RH
- Deliver didactic teaching based on program needs using active learning
- Develop research and publish scholarly work
- Provide service to the department, university and practice site
- Contribute to the school’s and university’s interprofessional education program
- Attend to the school’s program accreditation requirements
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from a recognized University
- PGY1 residency from an ASHP-accredited program
- PGY2 residency in critical care from an ASHP-accredited program
- Board certification by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties
- Interprofessional clinical practice experience in critical care/neurological intensive care in U.S. hospitals and health-systems
- Didactic and/or experiential education experience in U.S. academic pharmacy institutions/hospitals
- Documented active service to the department/institution
- Published research and scholarly output
- Strong desire to contribute to day-to-day patient care and the advancement of pharmacy practice
- Enthusiasm for precepting pharmacy students and serving as a role model practitioner
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Collegiality and cooperative abilities
- High personal integrity and ethical standards
- License or eligibility to be licensed as a pharmacist in Lebanon
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with clinical simulation
- Familiarity with accreditation requirements
The LAU School of Pharmacy is located in LAU’s state-of-the-art Chagoury Health Science Center in Byblos, Lebanon. It enrolls around 460 students in its pre-pharmacy and pharmacy programs. It has a five-year B.S. in pharmacy program, a six-year Pharm.D. program that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and an M.S. graduate program in pharmaceutical development and management. The school has partnerships and affiliations with diverse practice sites in Lebanon and the United States, employs 23 full-time faculty, several part-time faculty, and around 190 preceptors who support its wide-ranging experiential education program. The school is committed to achieving and sustaining the highest quality of pharmacy education and research in the region. It has a culturally diverse student and faculty groups who are devoted to a progressive academic environment, the development of the individual, and service to the community. Information about the School of Pharmacy can be found at http://pharmacy.lau.edu.lb/.
LAU is a leading higher education institution in the Middle East operating on two campuses, Beirut and Byblos in Lebanon, and enrolls around 8,500 students. LAU is chartered by the Regents of the State University of New York, and is accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education, Inc. (NECHE).Information about LAU can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
The LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital
LAUMC-RH is the primary teaching hospital for LAU’s schools of Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy. It currently has 130 beds with an ongoing massive expansion plan of patient care services. The intensive care units have presently 17 beds with 10 beds planned to be added, along with a recently established specialized comprehensive stroke center.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending: a letter of interest including statements of teaching philosophy, practice, and research interests; updated CV; names and contact details of three referees, including one as immediate supervisor; copies of the Doctor of Pharmacy degree, residency certificates, and pharmacy education transcripts, to: email@example.com. Candidates must refer to position no. PHA-19-3.
The school reserves the right to contact additional references.
Application Deadline: the position is opened until December 31, 2018. All questions regarding the application should be directed to the school Dean’s Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do not hesitate to follow our website and Christiane Mouawad on Linkedin for more information